Excited to head to Universal Studios, Osaka, we woke up as early as we could and made our way from our Kyoto AirBnB Apartment to Tofukuji Station. It was a relatively busy morning with students making their way to school at about 8:30-9:00am. Planning the journey to Universal Studios, Osaka, was a breeze with Hyperdia.
Since we had the (7 Day) JR Pass, we really saved quite a bit of money travel between Osaka and Kyoto (and towards Tokyo towards the end of our trip). In order to get to Universal Studios, which is located about an hour away in Osaka, we had to transfer at 4 times from Tofukuji Station (Kyoto):
- Tofukuji Station > Kyoto Station ~ 2 min
- Kyoto Station > Osaka Station (JR Kyoto Line ~ 41 min)
- Osaka Station > NishiKujo Station (JR Osaka Loop Line ~ 6 min)
- NishiKujo Station > Universal City Station (JR Yumesaki Line ~ 5 min)
|The journey was smooth and transfer was straight forward enough (i.e. we did not get lost or board the wrong train).|
Once we reached NishiKujo Station the crowd was already building up, all anticipating to get to Universal Studios - you could almost feel the excitement in the air.
|At NishiKujo Station waiting for the train to Universal Studios!|
When the train arrived, it was almost a mad rush to board the train as the crowd was eager to get to the theme park! And when the train arrived at Universal City Station, almost half the crowd made a mad dash towards the exit and speedily made their way to Universal Studios, which is about a 5-15 minute walk away (depending on how fast you want to walk and provided you do not get sidetracked by the shops and attractions before getting to Universal Studios).
|The welcome signage to confirm that you have arrived at Universal Studios Japan.|
|From Universal City Station, Universal Studios is about a 5-15 minute walk away (depending on how fast you want to walk and provided you do not get sidetracked by the shops and attractions).|
|Hotels, shops, restaurants, souvenirs along the way.|
- Japan Spring 2016 Itinerary 9D/8N
- Japan Trip Day 1 Kyoto
- Japan Trip Day 2 Kyoto (Arashimaya & Gion)
- Japan Trip Day 3 Kyoto (Kyoto Imperial Palace Garden & Gion)
- Japan Trip Day 4 Osaka (Universal Studios)
- Japan Trip Day 5 Osaka
- Japan Trip Day 6 Kyoto - Tokyo
- Japan Trip Day 7 Tokyo
- Japan Trip Day 8 Tokyo (DisneySea)
- Japan Trip Day 9 Tokyo - Singapore
- Cost Breakdown & Overview of our Japan Trip: Kyoto-Osaka-Tokyo (9 Days/8 Nights)