Volando Urai Spring Spa & Resort (馥蘭朵烏來渡假酒店) is located in New Taipei City (Wulai), close to to the Wulai Town (and waterfalls). There are 23 air-conditioned rooms spanning across 8 floors, all equipped with ensuite hotsprings tubs. Guests to this property have access to the complimentary wifi (throughout the property), minibar and newspapers in the rooms. The view of the rooms vary from river, mountain to water views.
|Taken from Volandoo Urai Spring Spa & Resort Website|
Types of rooms (and reviews):
- Superior Room: It is the least expensive of the rooms, might not have much of a view and is smallest in comparison with the rest, but it is no less comfortable and cosy.
- Grand View Room: Has better (river/mountain) views than the Superior Room. [Review Available]
- Rooftop Suite: Overlooks either the mountains or river and comes with its very own private pool and rooftop balcony.
- Lake Suite: Spanning across a grand total of 100 sqm, this room occupies a whole level and has access/view of the river that runs through Wulai via a balcony. [Review Available]
- Volando Suite: Incorporating the best of the Rooftop Suite and Lake Suite, the Volando Suite has an exclusive private swimming pool and rooftop outdoor balcony
There are 2 restaurants within Volando Urai Spring Spa & Resort:
- ABU: French cuisine that is presented in tantalizing fashion - where the plate is the canvas and the ingredients the paint and brush. [Review Available]
- Siliq: A fusion Chinese restaurant where Eastern ingredients are cooked with Western techniques; creating a unique fine dining experience.
In addition to the views and restaurants, Volando Urai Spring Spa & Resort offers:
- Bathhouse: Guests to the resort can enjoy the hotsprings within the privacy of a dedicated hotspring room with scenery. This option is perfect for those who want a day trip out of Taipei (to Wulai) and are not planning to stay the night at the resort.
- In-room hotsprings: Not planning to stay the night but want to enjoy the hotsprings in the resort's rooms rather than the dedicated hotspring room? Then this option would be for you. The Superior Rooms and Grand View Rooms can be rented for either a 1.5 hour or 2.5 hour duration.
- Public Hotsprings: There are indoor and outdoor pools which you can choose from. There are also steam rooms and sauna to enhance your hot springs experience. Do note that the public hot springs are gender segregated and you go in all naturel nu. [Review Available]
- Spa: What is a resort without spa? There are many types of spa being offered, ranging from facials to full body massages with aroma therapy.
Cost: Average about S$600++ to S$1,000++
Booking: Via the website: http://www.volandospringpark.com.tw/ OR online for a better pricing
Address: 3 Yanti Wulai Shiang, Wulai District, New Taipei City, Taiwan
Ways to get there:
- Arrange for transport with the resort
- Take the complimentary Shuttle Bus Service from Xin-Dian MRT Station. Due to limited capacity, it is best to reserve your seat with the front desk in advance. Do arrive 10 minutes prior to the departure schedule to the designated stop as the shuttles leave on time. For reservations or more details, please call: +886-2-26616555
- You could also just simply take a taxi down from Taipei
- Public transportation: Take Xindian Bus (849 Wulai~Taipei), disembark at Yanti station. The bus has stops along Roosevelt Rd. and Beixin Rd. OR Take the bus at the Xindian MRT Station exit. Buses are available in 15-20 minute intervals during weekdays, and 11-17 minute intervals during weekends. Xindian Bus tel: +886-2-2666-0678